Here is the third and final part of my Halloween Treats series – a Pinch Bag for Maoam Chews. Each little bag contains three chews although you could get another couple of little ones on if you are feeling generous!
This is another adaptation of a design by Sam Donald at http://www.pootles.co.uk
You will need:-
A4 card (you can make two per sheet)
Scraps of Patterned Paper (I used Witches Brew)
Scoreboard (or scoring blade for your trimmer)
Multipurpose Liquid Glue
Washi Tape (I used the matching Witches Brew Washi)
1) Cut your card to measure 5 3/4″ x 4 3/4″
2) Butting the long side of your card up to the top of your scoreboard or trimmer, score at 1/2″, 1″ and 5″.
3) Turn the card so the short side butts up to the top and score at 1/4″, 1 3/4″, 2 1/2″ and 4″.
4) Remove the 1/4″ x 1″ rectangle and then cutting either side of the score lines to the 1″ score line, remove notches as shown below.
5) Fold each of the score lines except the two 1/2″ strips at the top as shown below, and burnish them with your bone folder to form a crisp fold.
6) Flip the card over and fold and burnish the remaining two folds in the opposite direction.
7) Cut two strips of patterned paper measuring 1 1/4″ x 3 3/4″. With the long score lines on your card raised, stick the paper to the card as shown below. Add Sticky Strip down the 1/4″ edge from top to bottom.
8) Fold the two edges together, attaching the other long edge to the sticky strip.
9) With the join at the back, fold in the small flaps then the back flap. Attach Sticky Strip close to the edge of the front flap, then press it down to meet the back flap to form the base.
10) Stamp your sentiment onto a scrap of card then fussy cut around it leaving a small border. Stick this to the front of your bag.
11) Pinch the sides of the bag at the open edge to the second score line, then fold over the top score line. Fill with your chews then stick the flap down with a little Sticky Strip. Add a second small piece between the two flaps and stick these together.
12) Add a little decorative Washi Tap to finish.